IGTV is officially here and it has many brands and creators scratching their heads on how to create vertical videos for this new Instagram feature. It’s been a little over 24 hours since the IGTV update and I’ve already seen all types of videos from documentaries, vlogs, music videos, movie trailers, etc…
But it is going to be interesting to see what type of content and what creative video edits come about and become popular. I’m also curious as to how ads and a possible monetization program will be set on Instagram IGTV.
So far some key features are:
- Longer higher quality video uploads
- *Up to 10 minutes if you are a smaller account
- Discover new influencers through the “popular” tab
- Continuous streaming of video. No pause or delays as you navigate the app
- Can search by creator name and I noted the search also grabs keywords from your description
The biggest component I feel will be useful is that you can link out from your video description. I feel this is something that Instagram limited very much on all other post formats, but it is available and accessible on all IGTV posts.
Looking forward to testing the app further. If you guys want to follow my IGTV videos. Follow me on Instagram @bryanslozano.
What do you think of IGTV so far? Let me know in the comment section.
This is my second video covering Instagram’s new video update. If you missed my last video, here is the link: